Communicating in Chinese offers a proficiency-based approach to learning standard Mandarin. Focusing on all four skills (listening, speaking, reading, and writing), the program consists of a series of graded tasks that approximate the real-life tasks that a student might face.
- Student’s Book for Listening and Speaking
- Student’s Book for Reading and Writing
- Listening and Speaking Audio CDs (6)
- Student Lab Workbook: A Series of Exercises for Listening Comprehension
- Audio CDs for Student Lab Workbook
- Student Lab Workbook with 5-Audio CD Set
ANCILLARY MATERIALS for instructors are available in PDF through this Web site. Click below to download the files.
- TEACHER’S ACTIVITY BOOK FOR LISTENING AND SPEAKING (202 pages)
- TEACHER’S ACTIVITY BOOK FOR READING AND WRITING (251 pages)
- PICTURE CARDS
The Picture Cards are intended to be used in conjunction with the Students’ Book for Listening and Speaking. The words and actions on the cards illustrate the vocabulary of the text and are intended as an aid to classroom teaching.
Instructions for making your Picture Cards:
After printing out the cards for a unit, set your copier to double-sided mode to make your set of picture cards. Please be patient when printing out the cards, as PDF files often take longer to print than other file types.
Click below to open the PDF files
- Cards for Unit 2 (122 pages, 61 cards)
- Cards for Unit 3 (46 pages, 23 cards)
- Cards for Unit 4 (30 pages, 15 cards)
- Cards for Unit 5 (52 pages, 26 cards)
- Cards for Unit 6 (24 pages, 12 cards)
- Cards for Unit 7 (86 pages, 43 cards)
- Cards for Unit 8 (124 pages, 62 cards)
- Cards for Unit 9 (134 pages, 67 cards)
- Cards for Unit 10 (158 pages, 79 cards)
EXAMINATION COPIES of most of our books and materials are available for free to qualified instructors of appropriate courses. To request an examination copy you can do one of the following:
- complete the online form at yalebooks.com/languageexam
- send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- fax your request to 800-406-9145
For customer service inquiries please contact us by phone at 1-800-405-1619 or by email.